Sunday, October 24, 2010

Midterms

This midterm was pretty much as I expected it to be, making connections between the cultures/periods. Although I found that doing four of these essay summaries to be challenging, to study for this I prepared an outline of what I would write in class. I have to say finding connections that work for every part of art, music and literature was challenging for me. I would see some connections that worked for some of the disciplines however none that worked for all of them which I understood. I would have to say the part that I messed up on was not explaining the connections in full detail. While I felt that I was explaining them I didn’t explicitly explain how it was connected to the key concepts or how it answered the focus question specifically. I thought that I would do a little better considering the amount of time I spent making connections however I’m glad that I at least passed the midterm.
From seeing my grades I was a little disappointed on the grade I received however, it’s probably better thanks to you guys changing the way you graded them. I would have to say that I’m a little overwhelmed with the amount of material we were tested over, the whole four essay summaries instead of just doing two essays. I think I was just used to writing an essay and when we were told to just sort of summarize and shorten what we were supposed to write was what got me. I know that explaining the connections in more detail is the way to improve my grade. I believe that I will have to work on not only explaining the connections but also finding connections that actually work. I think my explanations were too general and did not explain the connections as I saw them in my mind.
309 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment